13 Mar Now Hiring: Network Technician
March 13, 2017 – Vernon Communications Cooperative is the local telecommunications provider for 10 communities in Vernon County, Wisconsin. Services provided are: telephone, Internet, IP-Television, IT network installation, repair and consulting. We are now hiring for a Network Technician. A job description is available on our Careers Page or listed below.
Vernon Communications Cooperative offers a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including; Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Life insurance, Long Term Disability, AD&D, FLEX, PTO, 401k, Company Retirement & Savings Plan, and company services.
Normal Shift: Monday – Friday
40 hours per week with occasional on-call
Application Deadline: April 14, 2017
How to Apply: Mail or E-mail Resume & Cover Letter or Application
Required Education Level:
Technical College/Diploma or above in an information technology related program.
Work experience would be helpful
Location: Viroqua and/or Westby
Department: Professional Services & IT Support
- Network installation, optimization and troubleshooting.
- Repair of computers, peripheral equipment and LAN/WAN networks. Both internal company and customer owned.
- Custom PC building.
- Removal of personal computer viruses and malware.
- Installation and configuration of software.
- Microsoft Server set-up and management.
- Installation and troubleshooting of wireless access points and wireless bridging systems.
- Evaluate hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and telecommunications equipment.
- Set-up and Maintenance of remote VPN connections and VPN IPSEC Tunnels.
- Design, install, maintain and coordinate VCC or customers’ Local Area or Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN).
- Implement and coordinate network policies, procedures and standards.
- Remote assistance and computer training.
- Handle help desk duties for voice, video and Internet products for I&R staff as well as customers.
- Work remotely to test and assist Communications Technicians during voice, video and Internet installs and repairs.
- Open, process and close trouble tickets and service orders.
- Provision & maintain voice, video & Internet DSLAMs, MetaSwitch, and all other central office equipment.
- Clear central office alarms during the hours the NOC is staffed.
- Promote and sell cooperative provided equipment and services; educate the customer on their use.
- Interface with customers and staff in full compliance with Vernon’s policies and procedures.
- Assist other departments and technicians as needed.
- May be required to work hours outside of the normal Monday through Friday as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ethernet local and wide area networks
- IP networking protocols
- Computer hardware and software
- Broadband technology and networks
- IP phone systems
- This position involves working both in the Network Operations Center as well as in the field at customer sites.
- This position will involve interaction with customers so excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Career Opportunities are posted on our Careers Page.